New KITTO's album, the 1st April 2004
Message PubliĂ© : 24 Mars 2004 16:44 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 274
Hello everybody ! :D

My friend KITTO launch the 1st April 2004 her new album in Australia. :wink:

I've found a KITTO's interview and I hope that you'll like her. She's a very good australian artist for me, tell me what do you think or what is your opinion about her. :)

Citer :
Kitto, one of Australia's most publically underrated artists, is back with a new album, further showcasing the diversity and musical strength which has brought her much appreciation and underground success over the course of her 10+ year career.

Rockus: How have you been of late?
Kitto: I’m great! Ever inspired. That may sound rather "Shie Shie" aka too optimistic, but I’ve witnessed so much awesome stuff in recent days around the globe, so I hope I know what’s important and load it into a gig.

R: Your whole life has been based around song writing and music in general. Looking back on all the years you’ve spent involved in the art form, do you have many regrets and what have been your major highlights?
K: I don’t have many regrets as much as just making corrections along the way. Probably would have got mega famous if I’d play the game a bit more, however I am into political correctness so was checking out the corners and fine print too much sometimes, I suppose. For example Metallica came to two of my concerts and gave me free passes, backstage, the works and a biz card to Q Prime, their management agency in NY... Bugger I didn’t follow it up. I still kick myself there.

Major Highlights... played in front of 12,000 in The Globe in Stockholm, performing with Chad Smith (Red Hot Chilli Peppers drummer) in a concert in LA and seeing it lit up on the billboard in the streets, performed at Midtfyn in Denmark - like Roskilde - 60,000+ with just an acoustic guitar, teddy bear and a bottle of wine which I drank earlier waiting in the trailer with the photographer, meeting my idols in US and on tour in Europe. Busking on the street in London’s Portobello Rd and having Lenny Kravitz walk past. Played in Monaco at CafĂ© Replay for Princess Stephanie, going to the North Pole, first Australian artist to ever perform in Belarus and Russia last year 2003.

R: Of all the places you've travelled to around the world, which have you found to be the most musically and culturally inspiring?
K: Spain for one - these guys know how to live and when to quit bitchin’. France cause it’s great food & music appreciation across the spectrum and they love Aussies! USA for the cool influences... the good ones.

R: It’s been two years since the release of your last album. How much do you feel you've learnt and grown? musically, in that time?
K: I feel free with this album like I’ve finally learned to grab the ball and run with nothing holding back. It helped loads that I was confidently overseen by the co-producers (Destner/Molin) of P-Junk to get a performance which really reflects what happens live. That includes playing wise and dropping expectations of what people think! It’s honest, there is no judgement and feels like a homogenised album and people can hear that. I can let it speak for itself... gGets better with every listen and that was an objective.

R: You seem to be one of those artists that is constantly motivated and constantly writing new material. Have there been times throughout your career where writers block as been a problem and, if so, how have you worked through it?
K: No not really. It’s all in the timing. There is so much information on standby so I never run out. I think if you say or write down/record there and then what you observe or think, you never miss and so when the down-times on, it balances out. For me it’s living on standby, in “the zone”.

R: I’ve read that you feel that your versatility has burdened you / hindered you throughout your career from being more known then you are. Have you tried to keep a bit more continuity / common backbone with the songs on your new record or are you still just as diverse as ever?
K: You hit it! The most important thing this time which I’ve really tried to communicate on this album, is to not compromise the spectrum of subject matter and yet keep the musicality of it more simplified and with identifiable edge. I work with only/limited to five sounds with guitar on stage in a rock trio, so there isn’t much more than bass and drums going on. Therefore it’s massive freedom if you can handle the space and not have it filling up with clever insecure stuff.

R: How would you compare the material on your new record, 'Precious Junk', with that from your last album?
K:It’s my own vision from start to finish. I love the previous record 'Princess of Tragedy’ (Bryant/Molin) which was more of a singer-songwriter concept album, a vision/interpretation produced by a great team of guys. However it’s just progressively moved forward to get a little more out there, usually the opposite happens hey.

R: Are you happy with where your life is at and where you are at musically at the present time?
K: I’m totally happy with the whole new music movement at the moment; where freedom stands artistically with artists. A song writing colleague and I just finished a song called ‘Emotional Minute’. It’s not exactly happy but got a serious tongue in cheek hook factor. We rule!

R: What goals are yet to be fulfilled for Kitto?
K:I got a 2 year plan mapped out... and loads of paper on standby.

Interview by Steph Edwardes, March 2004

Where listen KITTO:

HO FM Spot plays
Triple JJJ Spot plays
PBS Spot Plays
3 RRR Spot Plays
Hot Fm National Hot or not
5 YYY Added to rotation
4 CRM Added to rotation
Rebel FM Added to rotation
Breeze Fm Added to rotation
Syn Fm

But the best to listen and to like KITTO is to go on her gig at Melbourne the 1st April 2004 or on australia tour ( for more informations : http://www.whosjack.com) :)

If you can't see her, your last solution is to discover KITTO and her new album in all good pharmacies. ( KITTO is a good cure :mrgreen:)

Tell me what do you think about KITTO. :?: :wink:

Always more about KITTO
Message PubliĂ© : 30 Mars 2004 15:54 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 274
Hello everybody ! :wink:

More than few days before the big launch of New KITTO's Album :D :

PRECIOUS JUNK

I give you the cover of her new album :wink: :

More about "Precious Junk"

CD contents:

Precious Junk

01. Introx & Girl Who Said No
02. Casablanca
03. Catalina Dreaming
04. Cycle Of You
05. Repeatin’
06. Immune
07. 3 Waze
08. Whore & The Bride
09. Gloves Off
10. Dilute
11. Superhero
12. Fannie Bay

And don't forget to come more and more to support her,
This Thursday 1st April 8.30pm
@ The Cornish Arms (Burnswick, Victoria)

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

TELL AT YOUR FRIENDS THAT NEW KITTO'S ALBUM COME VERY VERY SOON........

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

And always on tour......

Northpole Svalbard Norway.....................................19-Sept
Northpole Svalbard Norway.....................................18-Sept
Northpole Svalbard Norway.....................................17-Sept
Nice tba France......................................................21-28-July
Sous le soleil tba France..........................................9-13-Aug
NT tba Australia......................................................3-6 June
Vic Marysville, tba Australia....................................30-May
Vic Alexandra, tba Australia....................................29-May
Vic The Jag Bar, Wangaratta,Australia.......................28-May
Nsw Termo, Albury Australia.....................................27-May
Vic Isle of Wight, Philippe Island Australia..................21-May
Vic Peninsula Lounge, Frankston Australia..................12-April
Vic HMV, Bourke Street, Melbourne,Australia..............6-April-2.00 pm

Vic Cornish Arms Brunswick (National Album Launch) + The Vanders
Door $8.00/$6.00Conc Australia 1-April
8.30 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Message PubliĂ© : 31 Mars 2004 17:45 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 1245
Localisation : >Une aussie que vit a Ballarat, 100 km N-O de Melbourne
Good promotion Ozman!

Having had a 'sneak preview' of the album at her previous concert, I can definitely confirm that "Catalina" is a fantastic song!
I think it should be a big hit (but it will depend on how much radio air play it gets, I guess)

For some of the other songs, I'm not quite so sure, as I really didn't expect to hear a woman with a singing voice as deep if not deeper than a man...but after you get over that shock, she does have some good songs, selon moi.

Malheureusement I can't be at this CD launch,
car Paul va jouer avec son group de "Oz Rock" pour un gig chez la "Geebung" - Flemington/Melbourne, Jeudi le 1 Avril!

Kate :D

Afficher les messages publiĂ©s depuis :  Trier par  
RĂ©pondre au sujet  [ 3 message(s) ]