RĂ©pondre au sujet  [ 3 message(s) ] 

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+8 heures [Heure d’été]

Auteur Message
  [Guide] RĂ©ussir un entretien de recrutement...
Message PubliĂ© : 14 Juil 2004 23:44 
Mate
Mate
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 41
L’entretien de recrutement

Victoire ! Grâce à votre super CV, vous venez de décrocher un entretien pour le poste de vos rêves. Il s’agit maintenant de ne pas le rater ! Le plus dur reste à faire donc pour mettre toutes les chances de votre côté : PREPARER VOTRE ENTRETIEN !!!

Vous aurez environ une heure pour vous présentez (ce qui signifie les convaincre que vous êtes le meilleur pour ce poste !), comprendre les enjeux du poste et poser vos questions.

Les 3 étapes sont essentielles, réfléchissez donc aux informations dont vous aurez besoin pour valider que ce poste vous intéresse : intitulé du poste, rattachement, taille de l’équipe, taille de l’entreprise, les objectifs et les difficultés du poste, le salaire, les horaires…

Voici en gros comment l’entretien doit se passer :

1ère étape : Présentation de votre parcours = 20 mn

Vous avez 20 mn pour résumer votre parcours. Partez du général au particulier en remontant le temps. Vous commencerez donc par vos études, en précisant l’équivalence avec les diplômes Australiens, pour finir par votre dernier poste.

Si vous venez d’arriver en Australie, expliquez pourquoi vous avez décidé de vous expatrier. Soyez original et n’hésitez pas à dire tout le bien que vous pensez du pays ! Les Australiens sont très chauvins et apprécieront tous les compliments que vous ferez sur leur pays, la qualité de vie…

Si vous êtes jeunes diplômés et que vous avez encore peu d’expérience…pas de panique !
Sachez que si un employeur vous a fait venir pour un entretien c’est que le poste qu’il a à vous proposer ne nécessite pas une grande expérience ! La différence se fera donc sur la personnalité. Soyez enthousiaste, souriant, dynamique et curieux : posez des questions !!! Il faut que vous transformiez l’entretien en dialogue…pas en interrogatoire !

2ème étape : présentation du poste = 20 mn

La société va vous décrire l’environnement du poste et ses enjeux. Ecoutez bien, laisser la parler, prenez des notes, écrivez vos questions (les points que vous voulez éclairer), vous les poserez plus tard !

3ème étape : les questions = 20 mn

Voilà c’est à vous ! Ne négligez pas cette partie, elle est ESSENTIELLE !!!
C’est très souvent sur cette partie que l’on différencie un bon candidat d’un mauvais ! Sur la pertinence des questions. Plus vous poserez de questions, plus vous donnerez l’impression que vous vous intéressez au poste et que vous l’avez compris ! Mais attention ne faites pas pour autant répéter des informations que l’on vient de vous donner ! ECOUTEZ !

QUELQUES CONSEILS…

Contrairement à la France, les entretiens en Australie sont cools et détendus !
Le tutoiement, l’utilisation du prénom facilitent les choses. Il est recommandé d’aller en entretien en costume ou en tailleur mais la encore ce n’est pas toujours indispensable et cela dépend très clairement du poste auquel vous postulez ! Les Australiens n’étant pas les rois de la mode, ils sont beaucoup moins regardants sur la présentation que les entreprises françaises ! Néanmoins si vous ne savez pas quel est le code vestimentaire de la société où vous allez, allez y plutôt « habillé » que casual !

Exemple de questions que l’on peut vous poser en entretien :

Comme dit le proverbe, un homme averti en vaut 2 !!!

Voici donc des exemples de questions qu’une société peut vous poser en fonction des compétences qu’elle souhaite valider ! Autant donc vous y préparer pour ne pas être pris au dépourvu. J’ai pris comme exemple un poste en Finance mais ces questions peuvent être adaptées à n’importe quelle fonction.

MOTIVATION FOR THE ROLE

1. Describe what you enjoy about your current role and why.

2. What has attracted you to Finance?

3. What skills/qualities will you bring to Finance?

4. If you are successful in your application, what training will you need to be successful in the department?

5. What do you think the role involves?

6. What alternatives are you considering if you are not successful with this role?

7. How do you know when you are doing a good job?

8. What plans do you have in place for your own department?

9. How does this role fit in with your development plan?

10. What achievements have you had in the last year?

11. What would success look like for you within your first six months as Finance Manager?

12. What constraints do you think Finance have?

LEADERSHIP

1. Give an example when you have achieved a result through using your leadership skills.

2. What personal difficulties did you overcome?

3. What qualities/strengths did you use to achieve the results?

4. What does leadership mean to you?

5. Describe your leadership style?

6. When has it worked well for you?

7. When has it worked against you?

8. Give an example of when you have dealt with a conflict situation and how you worked through the issue to come to a conclusion.

9. Talk us through a time when you have managed change.

10. How did you plan for the change?

11. How did you cope with hurdles along the way?

12. What resistance did you face, and how did you overcome it?

13. Give an example of when you have relied on other people’s involvement to achieve your objective.

14. What were the benefits?

15. What were the difficulties?

16. What is your vision for Finance in the next 5 years?

17. What will it take from you to achieve it?

18. How will you gain buy in from your team/colleagues?

MANAGING PERFORMANCE

1. Give an example of when you have encouraged someone who was not working for you to take responsibility.

2. What was required from you?

3. What support did you need?

4. What are the KPI’s for your department?

5. What is your contribution to them?

6. How do you know when you are personally performing well?

7. Describe a situation when you have received feedback that you disagreed with.

8. What did you disagree?

9. What could the person giving the feedback have done differently to make it more acceptable to you?

10. What skills/qualities do you have that encourages good performance from others?

COMMUNICATION

1. Give an example of a time when you have influenced a situation.

2. What barriers did you face?

3. How did you overcome them?

4. Describe how you communicate with your colleagues in your current role.

5. How do you know if it is effective?

6. How do you keep up to date with changes in your department?

7. What are the most important aspects of communication in this role and why?

8. Describe feedback you’ve had on your communication skills.

9. What have you done to develop/maintain these skills?

10. Describe a situation when you’ve had a misunderstanding with someone else. How did it occur and how did you resolve it?

11. What would you do if you disagreed with someone in authority?

12. How would you gain acceptance of a new way of doing things?

13. Describe a time when you’ve had to communicate your reasons for doing something, as well as what you were doing.

14. What do you think are the differences between pressure and stress?

15. How would I know if you were feeling under pressure?

BUSINESS COMPETENCE

1. What do you think are the main issues facing our company at the moment?

2. How do these issues effect the Finance Department?

3. Give an example of a problem that you have solved at work.

4. Why was it a problem?

5. What steps did you take to solve it?

6. Describe a difficult decision you have made.

7. Why was it difficult?

8. What steps did you take?

9. If you could turn the clock back, what would you do differently?

10. How do you apply your business knowledge to your everyday work?

11. Tell me about something you have recently organised.

12. What measures did you put in place to make sure you were on track?

13. How do you currently plan your day?

14. How do you know when you are going off track?

15. How do you cope with demands on your time that you haven’t planned for?

16. What is your understanding of a safe and secure working environment?

17. Why is it important in Finance?

18. What are some of the difficulties in achieving it?

19. What skills are necessary for managing suppliers/third parties?

20. How would you rate yourself in these areas?

CUSTOMER FOCUS

1. Who are currently your customers?

2. How do you know you are meeting your customers needs?

3. Give an example when you have delivered a flexible service to your customers.

4. Who are the customers of Finance?

5. How do you prioritise the service you provide to different groups?

6. Describe a time when you have been involved with your customers planning process.

7. What was your contribution?

8. How did you adapt your style to meet their needs?

9. What are the key factors that lead to quality service?

10. How would you describe the relationship you have with your customers?

11. What things do you think are most important to the customers of Finance?

VALUING OTHERS

1. What does teamwork mean to you?

2. Describe a team that you have worked in that has been really successful.

3. What was your contribution?

4. What role did you play?

5. Describe a situation when you have experienced someone in your team that did not pull their weight.

6. What effect did you have on the team?

7. How did you deal with it?

8. Describe a situation when you have sacrificed the delivery of your own work in order to support a colleague.

9. What effect did you have on the team?

10. How did you deal with it?

11. Describe a situation when you have sacrificed the delivery of your own work in order to support a colleague.

12. What effect did it have on the team?

13. Describe a person/personality that you find it hard to work with.

14. Do you think there are times when it is appropriate to be less than open and honest?

15. What does confidentiality mean to you?

16. Why is it important to follow equal opportunities practices?

17. How do you balance your needs as an individual with those of the team?

18. Give an example of when you have been persuaded to change your opinion by someone else?

Merci
Message PubliĂ© : 15 Juil 2004 07:17 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 445
Merci beaucoup Ingrid pour tous ces tuyaux.

Voici un extrait d'un cours sur la recherche d'emploi (donné en MBA):

POTENTIALLY TRICKY QUESTIONS

1. Tell me about yourself.
This is the classic opener and gives the interviewer time to size you up - if you let him. Give a brief overview of your career (prepared and rehearsed in advance), beginning with your education and taking him through key job changes. Add one or two major accomplishments and then turn the interview back to him with, “So I can better relate to you, could you please tell me a little about your(company, department, etc.)?”

2. What is your opinion of the last company you worked for ?
Stay neutral or positive, no negatives. Try to focus on situations in which you learned and/or contributed something.

3. Have you changed jobs frequently ? Are you a job hopper ?
Work out in advance a good rationale for your moves. People do change jobs, and if your reasons are sound, say so. Do not be defensive.

Some acceptable reasons : Reorganization (a new manager arrives and brings in his team), the company was in difficulty and had a massive layoff, a major contract or customer was lost resulting in loss of sales, the company was sold, you were offered a relocation that would have meant no apparent opportunity, or....

Reasons to avoid : Did not get along with employer or other people, did not like the management policies, passed over for a raise, too much pressure, too much work, too much overtime, too many arguments, problems of health, personal problems interfering with work, or....Avoid long stories and negatives.

4. What salary are you looking for ?
(See Negotiations.) Stress opportunity and potential. A return question : "It's hard to discuss salary without knowing more about the job or responsibilities." Or, if you are discussing a specific job : "What is your range?" Then relate your experience to the range without being necessarily precise : "I think my experience would put me near the high end of your range, don't you?" (SAY IT - ASK IT). Do not volunteer information about your past salary.

5. What were you making in your last job ?
(See Negotiations.) If you are in front of a recruiter, tell him your salary package. If you are in an interview, try to put the salary question aside. A good reply is, "I was well compensated in my previous company but really do not wish to prejudice myself here by being too high or low. Can we delay this until after we've looked at all the aspects of your current need ? What is your range for this job ?"

6. Have you ever been fired ?
If yes, have a good explanation worked out and tested with friends. "We had a change in general managers and although I had been doing a great job as you can see from my accomplishments, I was let go for one of his former associates."

Or,

"The company decided to close down its California operation and offered me a job in Chicago. We would like to stay in this area so that's why I'm looking around."

7. Can you work under pressure ?
Indicate that you can, then counter : "How much pressure is involved in this position?" Learn what he means by pressure. If you are a pro at pressure jobs, give him a few accomplishments.

8. What did you think of your supervisor ?
Whatever your true feelings, be positive. "He was the kind of person I could learn from."

Or,

"We were able to communicate well and things got done quickly."

9. What is your greatest strength ?
Go to your list of strengths and then tie each of them to an accomplishment.
“Is that the kind of quality that would help your company ?”

10. What is your greatest weakness ?
Look at your list of weaknesses (from Chapter 2) and relate the weakness (excess) back to your strength. "I like to get things done. Sometimes I get impatient, but I’m getting a handle on it."

11. How much do you know about our company ?
You better have done your homework ! Have you uncovered information about their products, sales, profits (or losses), news or personnel ? See preparation.

12. Are you willing to relocate ?
Do not pause - have your answer ready.
"Yes, for a super opportunity. What did you have in mind ?"

13. You've moved around. How long would you stay with us ?
Again, this needs preparation. "I'm seeking a long-term opportunity where I can learn and grow. Does this come with the position we are discussing ?"

14. What were your reasons for leaving each former job ?
Think this out clearly. Be positive about discussing former companies. See Question 3 for additional ideas.

15. Do you have a drinking problem ?
Believe it or not, some candidates have had this question. A possible answer might be : "No, is that a problem you've encountered previously ?" If you have had a drinking problem in the past and are on the road to recovery, there is no sense in bringing it up, especially as the question referred to the present. Had the question been stated : Have you ever had a drinking problem-and you once had one-you could say, "I once was concerned about having too many Manhattan lunches, soon my own, I stopped all drinking during working hours."(If you still have a problem, help is available. Get it !)

16. What kind of manager are you ?
Have a few key, examples tied to accomplishments that show your management capabilities. Then say, "Is that the kind of performance you are looking for ?"

17. What motivates you ?
Money, opportunity, growth, a chance to learn, nice people, fair play ...any others ?

18. What do you not like to do ?
A loaded question. A positive reply might be, "I'm the kind of person who does whatever is necessary to get the job done. When I do run into something disagreeable, I try to do it first and get it behind me. I have no particular dislikes."

19. Would you compete against me for my job ?
Take this one easy. "I'd like to think that when you are promoted I could be a candidate for your position."

20. Why have you left your present job ?
You know you are going to get this one, so here's your cue. Be positive. See Question 3.

21. Did you increase sales/profits in your last job ?
Here is your chance to elaborate on your best accomplishments. "Is that the kind of salesperson you seek ?"

22. How did your boss, co-workers and subordinates get on with you ?
Have some examples of the kind of team player you are. This is a good time to bring up that you are a non-political person.

23. Do you know how to motivate people ?
This is a leadership question. Know what it takes to be a quality leader. In preparation, think of the best people you have worked for and list their attributes in leadership. Recognition and helping the people who depend on you often weigh as heavily in motivation as monetary reward.

One important key to being a great manager is to be able to delegate while maintaining control. If you can show some accomplishments demonstrating this ability, you are top management material.

24. What are your short-, medium-and long-term goals ?
Tie your answer to goals that could conceivably be realized in the interviewing company. Limit your goals to just the short and medium range. Be realistic. A good reply is oriented toward growth in one's job through learning, experience and accomplishments.

25. Do you prefer working; In small, medium or large companies ?
Remember where you are when you answer !

26. Have you helped your company reduce costs ?
Again, try to tie to your accomplishments. Then add a question, "Are those kinds of savings of interest to you ?"

27. What is the toughest job of being a manager ?
A good reply is, "To surround myself with people who are better than I am in their individual specialties."

28. Why do you want to work for our Company ?
Your reply could be based on their reputation for product, management, international scope, technology, as a nice place to work and grow. Know their products, policies and potential for you.

29. Why should we hire you ?
If you know the job requirements, and match up some accomplishments, say, "...If there are opportunities to do that and more here, then this is a great fit. What do you think ?"

30. What do you look for in a new job ?
Be careful ! Better know a little about the company and the job you are after.

If not, push in the direction of excellence based on former accomplishments (benefits).

31. How many people have you hired ?
If you have hired a number of people, pick one or two who have done well thanks to your help. This question naturally relates to your ability to evaluate people.

32. How many people have you fired ?
Watch out-another loaded question. "Letting people go is partly the company's responsibility as well as the individual's. Something did not work and it is good to analyze why. I did have to let people go in my last job. It made me realize how important it is to make the right selections the first time around."

33. What was your greatest success ?
Pick one of your most significant accomplishments tied to their needs.

34. What has been your biggest failure ?
Discuss this one with friends before the interview. If it can be something you were later able to correct, it becomes a learning experience.

35. What kind of day-to-day schedule did you have in your last job ?
Stress action, performance and results rather than administrative work.

36. How do you feel about the progress you made in your last position ?
(Accomplishment =Benefit [Need]; Do the Conversion [ABC].) "When I started with the Blake Company, I was given responsibility for their operations in France and Holland. After I turned them around, they made me general manager Europe. With the strong dollar today, how are your international operations performing ?"

37. What were the most important problems you encountered in your past job ?
Use the ABC principles and you will have some good answers.

38. Did you have any frustrations in your past job ?
Catch-22 question. Frustrations are a normal part of any job. Relate some of the bottlenecks you experienced, but more importantly, indicate what you did to overcome them.

39. Why do you feel that you are ready to take on greater responsibilities ?
Work from your accomplishments (ABC).

40. Tell me some of the creative work you have done.
Creativity means how you developed an idea, a new product, a new theme or a new program and how it improved the operation.

41. Are you a leader ?
Give examples of how you followed leaders and how you successfully led other people. To be a good leader, you first must be a good follower.

42. Do you like to compete ?
Competition is great as long as it does not sacrifice the rest of the team. If you are competitive, relate it to the total company effort and not your personal ambitions.

43. Do you consider yourself successful ? Why ?
If you have been doing the kind of work you enjoy and have accumulated some accomplishments, this could be the basis for your answer. "When I started out at the ABC Company, I was one of five sales people. In five years, I have more than doubled my salary and am now sales manager. I feel good about what I've accomplished. Does that kind of performance match your needs ?"

44. What can you do for our company that someone else cannot ?
By now you should know the requirements of the job. Match your accomplishments against needs and mix with an interest in what you have seen/heard so far. As for the other candidates, you really cannot answer, nor would you want to. Answer from what you feel you can do.

45. What do you like best and least about the position we are trying to fill ?
You can choose the best. As for the least: "At this point I see no important negatives, that's why I'm so interested !"

46. How many people did you supervise in your last position ?
Do not exaggerate; this can be verified. "I supervised five people in our department and was later promoted to manager, which increased the number to 35. Our department placed second in cost reduction for the entire company last year. Does cost saving count high in your requirements ?"

47. How would you describe yourself ?

Think of your professional and personal management style statements on your 20-Second Resume.

48. How would your spouse describe you ?

Something to think about.

49. What things do you feel most confident doing ?

Stick to accomplishments. Think of their job requirements.

50. What would you like to improve upon ?

Pick something that will not be a deterrent for this position. Better-computer skills, speak better Spanish, or ... ?

51. How do you spend your free time ?

Be reasonable. This is not the time to mention that you like jumping out of planes, even if it is true.

52. What are your major accomplishments and how did you do them ?

Here is your dream question ! Pick the ones that pertain to the job in view. You know you have struck pay dirt when someone asks, "How did you do that ?"

53. How many hours should a person devote to his job ?

As many as needed to get it done and then some.

54. What things would you like to avoid in your next job ?

Be on your toes. If there were politics in your past position, you might indicate that. Be careful.

55. How old are you ?

This is an illegal question – yet can you imagine not answering it ?

Message PubliĂ© : 15 Juil 2004 08:08 
FranceDownUnder Addict
FranceDownUnder Addict
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 131
Merci a tous le 2 pr ces infos.
Je confirme ce q tu as ecrit Ingrid, mon mari ayant passe un entretien en cabinet de recrutement hier et ayant ete mi "en situation" comme tu le decris avec ttes les questions etc..
Merci bcp en tt k.
Bonne journee.
Domi

Afficher les messages publiĂ©s depuis :  Trier par  
RĂ©pondre au sujet  [ 3 message(s) ]