Répondre au sujet  [ 27 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+8 heures [Heure d’été]

Auteur Message

Message Publié : 20 Juin 2004 05:29 
FranceDownUnder Addict
FranceDownUnder Addict
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 173
Je confirme que le téléphone est l'outil le plus adapté et j'ajouterai que les australiens aiment qu'on leur communique des noms de personnes, de société avec leur numéro de téléphone.
Ce sont des références qu'il n'hésitent pas à contacter et qui les mets en confiance.
Il y a aussi LA PHOTO , pas la photo qu'on a prise dans une boite à photographier d'un hall de gare mais la photo qu'on aime regarder et qui donne envie d'entrer en contact.

CONCLUSIONS : 1-"des" téléphones pour parler.
2-une photo pour voir.

Je rajouterai que l'australie doit être vue comme une une grande communauté d'amis qui se respectent.
Alors je propose le même comportement que vous auriez avec vos amis: sympa, politesse et respect, ne jamais relever les problèmes personnels....

Message Publié : 20 Juin 2004 17:10 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 1245
Localisation : >Une aussie que vit a Ballarat, 100 km N-O de Melbourne
Jean-Marie Violette a écrit :
As a consumer and as the administrator of a medium size institution, I greatly resent unsolicited cold calls and commercial faxes.
Nothing is more annoying than a hard sell sales person insinuating that one is neglecting one's duty of care and responsibilty for not trying and/or using whatever service or product he/she promotes.

I haven't been able to read all of this forum, but I think I've understood enough points to be able to contribute a little.
I agree with Jean-Marie: unsolicited cold calls are a pain (especially ones received at home at dinner time, the time these people know you're likely to be there....everything from associations trying to sell raffle tickets, to companies wanting you to refinance with them when you haven't anything to refinance, even companies wanting you to buy their wood treatments when you don't live in a weatherboard house! In the end, all these callers can become nuicances, due to the number of them and the bad timing of calls.

Having worked in Advertising, marketing and telemarketing for 10 years makes me slightly more sympathetic to these people (because after all, I was also in my job 'forced' to call people at 6 pm at night, knowing how I'd feel myself) but still not sympathetic enough to listen beyond a couple of minutes if there's nothing in it to interest me (and in all these years, there never has been).

With telemarketing for the newspaper I worked for, timing was often one of the most important issues.
Call a tradesperson in the middle of the day, and all you'd hear would be drills and nail guns and nobody is going to speak to you for more than 20 seconds. Call at 5.30 pm and they're just arriving home and still don't want to speak to you. In this instance what we found most useful was always first to ask if the time was convenient, and if not, to ask for a suitable time, and to call back at precisely that date and time.
Success rates in these cases were nearly always much higher.

jean-marie a écrit :
Like anyone, I expect, I do my own research when in need of something. I will obtain quotes from several suppliers and no doubt I will listen to people who have been satisfied by a supplier.

I agree, research is a much less invasive way to go (except for those few items you don't look for and don't realize you want them until you see them advertised). As for not being able to find something if the advertiser hasn't advertised it to you, with the things like searching for the spa bath for my chambre d'hote, a lot of my research is being done by google search, as I can't expect any other than the largest Melbourne companies of all to be advertising their wares in Ballarat.
There have been warnings to businesses for years that if they don't have at least a basic presence on the web, they're going to be left behind (though having worked in the Internet section of the Newspaper as well, 3 years ago there were still many companies ignoring this)

Kate

Message Publié : 22 Juin 2004 21:37 
New Mate
New Mate
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 18
Thanks to everybody for your advice. :D

I do understand that intrusive cold calling is a pain and I only contact identified companies that could be interested in my company's services.
I usually email people and make a follow up call later in the week or even the week after. Actually, after a month or so, I've found that the humbler I am, the more effective the call is. I used to try and convince people that my product IS good. Now, I suggest that it MIGHT, possibly, be interesting for them... And it works much better!!!
I also found that wednesday afternoon is a good time to make calls ?!

Overall, I find that people here are much more accessible than in France, and they manage to remain friendly even when they say no :wink:

Now that I've more or less managed to convince businesses, I've got another challenge: making my services known to individuals. That's quite a different issue! :?

Mai

Message Publié : 24 Juin 2004 09:36 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 1245
Localisation : >Une aussie que vit a Ballarat, 100 km N-O de Melbourne
effisk a écrit :
Vincent, je suis assez d'accord avec tes remarques, il y a juste un truc qui me chiffonne (pas mal).
MOTTE a écrit :
L'intérêt d'un commercial (d'un bon commercial) est d'arriver à vendre un produit dont le client n'a pas forcément besoin

hum. Je n'appelle pas ça un bon commercial. Je trouve ça un peu malhonnête.
IMO un bon commercial est un mec qui sait détecter le besoin (latent ou pas), éveiller l'intérêt, trouver les bons contacts, être au bon endroit au bon moment. C'est un travail de préparation, de prospection, de négociation, de flair aussi.
......Les australiens (comme beaucoup de gens) aiment savoir à qui ils parlent. Le networking marche bien également.

Effisk, you're right, finding a need and filling that is important, but from my perspective, I agree more with Vincent.
Working in advertising for 10 years, after a few advertising seminars, training sessions and other such things, we learned in the industry an important lesson: = 'nobody wants to advertise'
- they don't want to put their ad in the paper, they don't want to spend the money - they don't want to do it.
But as we were in the business of advertising, what to do?
All that was necessary was to change the angle of the approach: we then sold benefits (all the 'what's in it for me' stuff), rather than advertising. Money spent on those ads to attract customers, benefiting the company, weren't 'costs' but 'investments' and all language was modified accordingly, to the point where the word 'cost' was never ever used again.
If, for example somebody selling a car really wanted to know how much their ad would 'cost', we'd be more inclined to point out how much profit they'd make after they successfully sold it, taking into consideration the small proportion of their advertising that went into that.
Such 'cost cushioning' worked really well on 'little advertisers' who really didn't want to spend the money at all but still wanted to sell something.

It really was so often a case of 'selling somebody something they didn't really need' - and it didn't feel dishonest, because notice here that the word is 'need' - what we then had to appeal to was 'wants'. It's wasn't even necessary to convince somebody that they WANT something - with the right timing and especially not too much pressure, you could paint a picture with words and sometimes people would discover something they wanted (that they didn't previously realize they wanted or needed - ie a want lying dormant waiting for somebody or some-thing to activate it.)
That's one reason why print advertising still works so well. People don't realize they want something till they see it (though it still has to be a good ad, with benefits and attractive features)
And a lot of people became convinced their materialistic wants were actual needs anyway and didn't see the difference between the two.

It was my policy (but not everybody's) that if a customer said they were busy, didn't want to talk, or wasn't interested, no pressure was ever put on them.
I consider that we were being paid to offer the OPPORTUNITY, rather than to try and convince people to buy something. Some customers who got pushed a little too hard, later decided they didn't want it once they got it, and then later asked for refunds, so it really isn't worth it from a financial perspective either.

Kate

Message Publié : 24 Juin 2004 17:35 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 568
Bonjour Kate,

je ne suis toujours pas convaincu :)
J'ai bien saisi la différence entre ce que les gens veulent et ce dont ils ont besoin, mais je trouve quand même qu'essayer de vendre quelque chose à quelqu'un qui n'en a pas besoin n'est pas très honnête.
Prenons l'exemple d'un agriculteur qui a envie de s'acheter un gros tracteur mais qui n'en a pas besoin. Le bon commercial va finir par le convaincre d'acheter son tracteur, l'agriculteur va se mettre dans une position financière difficile - il va devoir faire un emprunt, s'endetter, etc. Même si c'est lui qui prend la décision finale, le commercial l'aura influencé, et sera partiellement responsable de la situation qu'il a provoqué. Je pense qu'un commercial doit avoir un comportement responsable et ne doit pas se limiter à essayer de vendre à tout prix son produit à quelqu'un qui en a envie - et pas forcément besoin. Il doit tenir compte de la personne qu'il a en face de lui. Il doit étudier le besoin de son client, pas ses envies.

Quand on achète quelque chose, on se prive forcément (à moins d'avoir assez de ressources pour se payer tout ce qu'on veut) de quelque chose d'autre, et ce quelque chose d'autre peut être quelque chose dont on a besoin - contrairement à ce qu'on achète.

Personnellement, si un commercial parvient à me vendre quelque chose dont j'ai envie mais dont je n'ai pas besoin, je n'ai pas vraiment envie de le revoir. :P

Message Publié : 30 Jan 2005 08:31 
New Mate
New Mate
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 1
Salut a tous,

Voici une contribution (tardive) a la question de la "business etiquette" en Australie. L'expert mondial reconnu en matiere de "business across cultures" est un kaaskop :wink: du nom de Geert Hofstede.

Son site de reference est http://geert-hofstede.international-bus ... ndex.shtml avec un lien (entre autres) vers http://www.cyborlink.com/besite/australia.htm qui repond a la question de business etiquette.

Ciao,

Myyyte

Message Publié : 31 Jan 2005 00:54 
Fair Dinkum Mate
Fair Dinkum Mate
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 71
mai a écrit :
Thanks to everybody for your advice. :D

I do understand that intrusive cold calling is a pain and I only contact identified companies that could be interested in my company's services.
I usually email people and make a follow up call later in the week or even the week after. Actually, after a month or so, I've found that the humbler I am, the more effective the call is. I used to try and convince people that my product IS good. Now, I suggest that it MIGHT, possibly, be interesting for them... And it works much better!!!
I also found that wednesday afternoon is a good time to make calls ?!

Overall, I find that people here are much more accessible than in France, and they manage to remain friendly even when they say no :wink:

Now that I've more or less managed to convince businesses, I've got another challenge: making my services known to individuals. That's quite a different issue! :?

Mai

Hi Mai,

Je viens de tomber sur ce post. Comment se porte ton business avec les Aussies ?

Je suis moi meme sales manager en France. J'observe que les méthodes utilisées en france sont de plus en plus inspirées des méthodes enseignées dans les MBA anglosaxons. J'entraine mon équipe commerciale à utiliser ces méthodes et je dois t'avouer qu'elles marchent plutot bien. Cela les aide énormément dans leur travail. Aussi, je peux te suggérer de lire les bouquins sur le sujet écrits par des australiens ou américains ? Un américain pourrait te donner la méthode commerciale, l'australien te renseignera plus dans les subtilités locales.

Si tu as le temps je te suggere de lire le bouquin de Robert Calvin "Sales management" et celui de William Miller "Proactive sales management". Ils sont tres bien et peuvent surement t'aider. Si tu fais de la vente face à face, je peux te suggérer aussi "Keep it simple, stupid, secrets of face to face selling" de William Montgomery.

Bon courage !
Vince

Re: La Business Etiquette en Australie
Message Publié : 24 Juin 2010 04:14 
New Mate
New Mate
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 10
Bonjour,

Je vois que tu as cree ton entreprise. Une pty limited ? ou as- tu trouve des statuts types ?
Merci de me communiquer le lien.
Bonne chance a toi et bonne continuation pour ton activite.

Message Publié : 25 Juin 2010 09:28 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 445
Hi martinjjl,

Mai n'est plus active sur le forum depuis quelques annees.
Aux dernieres nouvelles, elle travaillait chez un operateur telecom.

Tu veux faire quoi comme activite ?

Message Publié : 26 Juin 2010 04:35 
New Mate
New Mate
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 10
Bonjour,

Je veux monter une activite simple, mais sous forme de 'SARL" small pty ltd.
Avant de faire monter la ste par un chartered accountant, je voudrais pouvoir prendre le temps de lire des statuts types, et les differentes options/choix de clauses.
Ou puis-je trouver des statuts types en ligne ? Merci. (PS J'ai la double nationalite et donc pas de pb de visa)
Par ailleurs, avez-vous des references de chartered accountants / CPA / sollicitor / lawyer a recommander ou au contraire eviter ?
Merci pour vos conseils

Message Publié : 28 Juin 2010 18:13 
FranceDownUnder Addict
FranceDownUnder Addict
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 148
Bonjour,
Pour les statuts australiens, le site à voir est
asic.gov.au

et dans le queensland:
business.qld.gov.au

Isabelle

Message Publié : 17 Nov 2010 17:47 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 403
Bonjour,

Le site Law Central fourni tous les documents nécessaires pour créer une société.
J'ai utilise leur service, c'est simple pas trop cher (comparé a un lawyer) et très rapide, on fait tout on-line en quelques click, ils ont des package tout prêt qui te donneront tous les documents nécessaires.

Laurent.

Répondre au sujet  [ 27 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2