[Melbourne] Nov 1 Oz Rock pub gig for Cup Eve
Message Publié : 29 Oct 2004 09:01 
FranceDownUnder Expert
FranceDownUnder Expert
Hors-ligne
Message(s) : 1245
Localisation : >Une aussie que vit a Ballarat, 100 km N-O de Melbourne
Salut tlm,

Not to be outdone by the Sydney FDUers with their multiple events this weekend :wink: (and because this happened to come up and I thought it was a good opportunity), I'm staging another FDU Melbourne event - even more casual this time. It's for this Monday - Melbourne Cup Eve (since the next day is a holiday for you guys)

What: Pub Gig with 2 bands, live music.
Where: Barleycorn Hotel, 177 Johnston St Collingwood (Ph 9417 1777)
Who's playing: Accadacca - direct from Brisbane on their Victorian tour (said to be Australia's best ACDC tribute band).
Supported by Darkroom, The Angels Tribute Band (also real Oz music (hard rock/pub rock, but less hard than ACDC - and the reason I'll be there = mon mari est le lead guitarist)
Time: Darkroom 9 pm - approx 10 pm, followed by Accadacca. (I won't be there for the whole show of Accadacca)
Since I know the band well (Darkroom have played at the Phillip Island Motorcycle Grand Prix a few times and several other places around Victoria), I can tell you it's a very good show. A bit theatrical in parts - I mean there are some props, costume changes (like for the final song - which is usually the biggest hit with the crowd - the lead singer wears a beret because the song is all about France (called Marseilles) and contains some French.

If you're interested in coming, sign up and I'll watch out for you and try to get a bit of a group together (otherwise you could just be scattered in the crowd)

Hope to see some of you there!

Kate :D

Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ]